The ICT world is increasing daily with the most recent innovation and know-how and the startdards of residing are additionally altering accordingly. There might be nobody who will not be utilizing the social media platforms. Because the world is connecting digitally, individuals are getting nearer to one another. However this additionally brings some downside with itself which is the unethical use of web. Individuals are utilizing totally different social media platform to threthen the opposite individuals. Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has launched “On-line Security Information, Protected Use of Social Media,” which provides steerage on the dangers one may face on-line. PTA additionally advices on find out how to keep safe and accountable to keep up a constructive digital footprint. On this article I’ll let you know find out how to shield your self from undesirable contact.
Tips on how to Defend Your self From Undesirable Contact
PTA points some tips which can assist individuals to remain safe and forestall themselves from any mishap. So, all it’s good to do is comply with these steps.
- Make your accounts non-public: By adjusting your privateness settings, you may keep answerable for who sees what you submit on-line and who can contact you immediately.
- Delete Contacts: Undergo your social media pals and followers listing. Test for those who really know them. Delete contacts that look suspicious or haven’t posted shortly.
- Screenshot Proof: Take screenshots of messages, footage, telephone numbers and so forth. that make you uncomfortable.
- Report and Block: Upon getting all of your screenshots, report the individual on to the platform after which block their account to stop them from sending you additional messages.
- Report back to Police: Report cyber-harassment or blackmailing to Cyber Crime Wing – Federal Investigation Company.
These are the helplines you should use to report any such incident
See Additionally: What Is Hate Speech On Social Media In accordance To PTA?